Thursday, February 14, 2013

Best Valentine's Day (week) ever.

I haven't ever been a huge Valentine's day fan. I don't really know if it's because I've never had a good one (despite having significant others for most of them) or if I just don't like the idea of it. Whatever the reason, I spend the day pretending it doesn't exist.

However, this year, I really enjoyed Valentine's day, or rather, Valentine's week. Joseph and I are both impatient people. We both had bought something for each other and couldn't wait the 5 days or whatever it was until v-day to exchange. I had actually bought him my gift sort of on a whim. I got him a Beardo, which he had wanted for a while, and was planning on giving it under the pretext of joint v-day/1 year anniversary, both of which I don't love as celebratory holidays. He got me the most amazing gift - a coach purse. But not just any coach purse, the most perfect coach purse that I had been wanting. He had been paying attention when I scoured coach sales.


 



In addition, we decided we were going to go out to eat to celebrate. Before going out, he surprised me at the door with chocolate covered strawberries he made and gorgeous roses.


We had recommendations of a sushi place from some friends and so he made reservations for us. However, when I called to move the reservations back when we got a little lost, the hostess told me they are a new place. She thought they would be open for dinner (hence why she took the reservation), but now sees that they won't and that we should come back tomorrow. I was thoroughly confused, but it didn't really matter. We went to our normal sushi place which is delicious.

We ended up ordering more after this.
This was my first time trying sashimi. I only recently transitioned over from rolls into sushi. It's making my mouth water just to look at it all again.

All in all it has been a perfect week. Oh, and Joseph is beyond amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment